Today marks the final panel for the Smallville series at San Diego Comic Con International. Season 10 has been announced in the recent weeks as the final season for the series.
Here is the latest news directly from Kryptonsite.com & Newsarama which are there covering the final panel live from San Diego Comic Con 2010.
On the panel for Smallville: Tom Welling, Erica Durance, John Schneider, Justin Hartley, Cassidy Freeman, Kelly Souders (Producer), Brian Peterson (Producer)
The exclusive information from the Season 10 Panel:
Thanks to both Kryptonsite.com & Newsarama for covering the event in great detail.
- John Schneider will be returning as Jonathan Kent. John was also in attendance at the panel saying "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated."
- Blue Beetle and Booster Gold will be making an appearance this season.
-The Blue Beetle is Jaime Reyes. No chance of Wonder Woman or Batman this season.
-Jaime will have "a legacy" so other Beetles may show up, at least for cameos. Booster Gold's robotic sidekick Skeets will be around as well.
- Darkseid is coming in "A different form than you're used to seeing."
- Tom Welling will be directing an episode this season.
- Lois yells out "SUPERMAN!" in the Season 10 trailer looks like its all coming to a head.
-The Superman costume is a slightly altered version of the Superman Returns suit that Brandon Routh wore.
-Kelly confirms the suit is the same suit from Superman Returns, and Brian says we might see Tom "in a little change-up from the black."
- Erica Durance (Lois Lane) will be in all 22 episodes in the final season.
- "Nothing would make us happier than to have Rosey (Michael Rosenbaum / Lex Luthor) back" and Tom says "He threatened me he'd be in the audience of this panel."
- To Tom: "What do you plan on doing after Season 10?" Tom: "Hellcats!"
- Justin Hartley (Green Arrow / Oliver Queen) will be in "17 or so" and he will be directing an episode.
-Geoff asks "Will he fly?" Brian says "We all know how the comics turn out, so that is probably the answer."
-"the door is open" for Michael Rosenbaum to return as Lex Luthor, but nothing has been locked down yet.
-Tom's favorite moment in ten seasons was "throwing a tractor."
-Kelly says the 100th episode, but only because the 200th hasn't shot yet. A glimpse of the past, present, and maybe what is to come in #200
-Chloe Sullivan will be making her first appearance in the comics in Action Comics #892
-Tom says Christopher Reeve was "an awesome guy" who was "able to do so much with what he had to use" in those scenes.
-Kelly says "We're actually not planning to send her (Chloe) off, because we love her."
-Peter Roth of Warner Bros. once said to Tom "this show will go ten years" when it all began. Turns out he was right.
-"I think between Seasons 5 and 6, we turned into another show," Tom says. "It doesn't feel like it's been 9 years"
-They're really playing up the idea of Clark finally becoming the big hero we know from comics, and it looks like that will actually happen during the season, not just at the very end.