June 20, 2010

Day 3: Superboy Homepage At the Superman Celebration

Day 3: At the Superman Celebration
Smallville Day
By: Sam J. Rizzo

Day 3 started out with me getting up out of bed at 4:30am to get in line for tickets to Sam Witwer (Davis Bloom) & Laura Vandervoort (Kara / Supergirl). At around 7:00am the line for tickets to the autograph sessions started to move, thank god because I'm not a morning person. As I was standing in line, I asked some of the veterans who have been to mulitple Superman Celebrations if  they thought I would get a ticket(s) to one of the sessions and they guranteed me I would be able too because we were past a certain point in the long line. Luckly, I managed to grab two tickets, one for myself and one for a friend who wasn't so lucky in getting a ticket who also was standing in the long line. I managed to get tickets to Session C which at 3:30 in the afternoon.

At about 11:30, I headed over to the Metro Tent for the Smallville Q&A. You can listen to the entire audio file by downloading it here. The discussion with both Laura and Sam was really fun in that each of the actors talked about what they have been doing since their departures from Smallville and their hopes of a return in the final season. Laura talked about her series on ABC "V" and Sam talked about his new film which he is currently shooting.



At 2:30 p.m, I decided to run over to Ilya Salkind's final autograph session. The lines for each of Ilya's autograph sessions were out the door!!!



Then at 3:00, the line started to form for the Smallville autograph session C. After getting both Laura and Sam's autograph, that was pretty much it for Day 3 of the Superman Celebration. It was a very exciting and busy day, running all over the place. As I said in my Day One report, the Superman Celebration is definitely way different than any comicbook related convention. It is like a Superman family coming together for a few days to celebrate the Man of Steel. I'm definitely plan on attending each year from now on despite the five to six hour trek from Chicago. I had such a great time meeting long time friends in-person for the first time and being able to talk with Superman and Superboy fans from all walks of life. I recommend that if you are a loyal Superman fan you should at least go once to the Superman Celebration in the future to see what it is all about. There is no media coverage of this celebration that could substitute for attending in person and meeting the wonderful men and women who put on this great celebration each and every year. Thank you to everyone and hope to see you all next year!!! 
   



No comments: